Serpenterra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dragon rpg.

2 posters

The Start of a New Journey

Lyyr

The Start of a New Journey Empty The Start of a New Journey

Post by Lyyr Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:43 pm

His boots left small impressions in the sand as he began his exploration. The familiar salty ocean breeze filled his lungs as the low tide gently kissed the shoreline. Lyyr had spent the past couple of weeks on that sea on his uncle's trading vessel as they headed toward the water nation. Lyyr wasn't the quartermaster so he hadn't really paid that much attention to the cargo, though he knew it was probably the earth nation's main export of various herbs or spices. Lyyr was only a simple deckhand helping to keep the ship on course and following his uncle and captain's instructions. However their wasn't much going on now as they had had to stop and resupply here in the wilderness before moving on to the water nation. The ship had been dead in the water for nearly a week without wind and supplies had run low. They were lucky they hadn't succumbed to hunger or thirst out on the sea. The blonde and scruffy man really should have been helping gather the supplies with the others, but he had slipped off to explore the beach for any more interesting plants he could add to his logbook as he had not had the opportunity to do so before . He hadn't had any luck, however, and if he was honest with himself he wasn't really surprised. What grew naturally on a sandy beach anyway? He had found nothing but some stubborn bits of grass that had pushed their way to the surface. Still, he had to admit that the beach was nice and the weather was forgiving. He formed some of the sand around him to create and mound to sit on. The earth shaping aspect of his people's powers had never been his forte' but making shapes in the sand was mere child's play to the young man. He sat and looked out over the North sea. He found it somewhat strange that he never got tired of looking at it despite being surrounded by water all the time for weeks on end. There was something strange about the sea that drew him to it. There was a call it gave that was the Reason Lyyr had been a sailor for six years at that point. He squinted his eyes as the sun shined down brightly from the sky. Lyyr concentrated and used his power to grow a full grown palm tree next to him to block the rays. He smiled and turned on his back to enjoy a quick nap in the shade. Surely, he would be missed back at camp for a couple of hours.
    . : S O F I E Y : .

The Start of a New Journey Empty Re: The Start of a New Journey

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Geal Nathair

Geal Nathair, a quiet sort, but despite being full grown that didn't mean that she wasn't one to enjoy some fun. She may be a peaceful sort, too, but at least she knew where she could do things. Lifting her large head toward the sky, she felt the good feeling of the heat beating down on her. Of course, it was much hotter down at the Celestial Mountains, but not as hot as it was over on Dryfoot, either. Anyways, she still walked out onto the beach, her paws leaving marks in the sand as she walked across it. There was an interesting scent in the air, and she wasn't very sure what it was, which was the reason she took it upon herself to investigate a bit.

Rounding the corner of the beach, she halted in her tracks. Her wings folded closely into her back, and her nostrils flared as she scented the area. Before her was a large ship, something she had only seen a few select times. She remembered a time when there had been no ships at all, and the humans only lived in their little nations. Any that wandered elsewhere usually died because they had no food or water. Geal liked it back then. The dragons could do as they pleased, and they didn't have to worry about the humans. As long as the humans didn't mess with them, they wouldn't mess with them.

Times had changed since those fond memories she had of her younger days, though. Dragons had dispersed, getting their own clans and such. It was different, and it wasn't like Geal liked it. She had always been the peaceful sort, perhaps that was because of the fact that she was also a Caelum. Either way, that's how she always remained. Peaceful. So now she walked carefully on the beach, trying to stay out of the sight of the humans so that she wouldn't have to possibly face anything with them. She tried to avoid them as much as possible, actually. They were two different species entirely, and just because they could both understand each other didn't mean they needed converse.
    Lyyr

Post by Lyyr Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Lyyr had just began to drift off when he felt the vibrations in the ground. It was as if something very large was walking along the beach. The young sailor thought it was probably just the workings of his imagination and rolled over in his sandy sleeping place. However, the vibrations were growing more prominent and he couldn't ignore them any longer. He sleepily sat up and stretched his muscles before following the sound. His mind was still clouded over the short nap and he didn't register that whatever he was looking for could be dangerous, all he really registered was curiosity. That was why he was taken by surprised when he rounded a large boulder to find a dragon in his path. He froze in place. His eyes widened as he stared at the large claws right in font of him. White scales shined reflecting some other colors in the sunlight as he looked up slowly. He backed away and fell on his back as sweat broke out on his face. He had never seen a dragon before in his life, but from what he heard they were unmistakable for anything else. All he knew was that there was a creature nearly ten times bigger than him standing in front of him, something that could easily eat him in one bite. His voice tremble and he couldn't speak. For the moment his utter shock held him at the mercy of this powerful creature. She stood crouched like she was trying to sneak up on something. It seemed a little strange to Lyyr that something of that size would try to sneak on anything, but she had caught him by surprise so maybe there was some sane thought behind it. All he could really do was hope that this dragon didn't like the taste of human, otherwise he had doomed himself to wander off.

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 am

Geal Nathair

Geal had been quietly rounding the corner, her tail dragging lightly on the ground around her. Her nostrols flared, scenting what was near, wondering quietly to herself what she would do once she did cross a humans path, since that seemed highly unavoidable. At least she could catch some ausement this time, not have to deal with the boringness of leading an entire clan. Being able to escape and do what she wished to do. She may be a leader, but she still liked to get out and be individual at some points.

Staring down at the human, she lifted her the side of her lip, revealing long, sharp teeth. Her chest rumbled, almost in a growl, and behind her, her tail thumped onto the ground. Her wings extended out from behind her, and she almost look monstrous. With the glenting of the light around, she looked all the more brighter and terrifying. With attentive hearing, she could hear the quickening of his heart, which was when she stopped, her wings closing down her back.

Her head still lifted high, a chuckle rumbled through the air. You humans are so amusing. You all should really learn more about dragons before you go and mozey around places... the thought rumbled through the mans mind as she stared down at him, her eyes amused.
    Lyyr

Post by Lyyr Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:04 am

As the initial shock of seeing a dragon for the first time wore off Lyyr's mind began to race as he tried to think of a way to escape. He was surrounded by sand so he could use that to temporarily blind the beast and make a run for it. The sand might make an effective smoke screen of sorts at well, though if the dragon started flailing wildly or, gods forbid, blowing fire he would be in a heap of trouble. Maybe this creature was friendly. Lyyr was about to say something when he heard it's stomach rumble and he mistook the amusement in her eyes for hunger. He had made his decision. He had no other choice than to flee. He began to shift the sand to blind the predator when he heard a voice or was it more like a thought? No, it was surely in his mind. A thought that was not his own and in the voice of a woman invaded his brain telling him to learn more about dragons. His eyes grew wide as he looked up at the creature. "H-How...." For a moment he could only look up at the imposing white monster in fear. "How did you get inside my head?! What are you? Please don't eat me! I'm just a sailor, I've never hurt anybody! I didn't mean you any harm!" Lyyr had no idea tat dragons could communicate, much less speak telepathically. It was just too bizarre though he could admit that he wasn't the world's premier expert on such lore. He had of course heard of them but no one had really told him anything about them outside their terrifying stature and the normal stereotypes associated with the fascinating species. All Lyyr knew was that he was in a vulnerable position and that this dragon could probably kill him in less than a second. Though if it, or now he was assuming she, had the intelligence to know language then perhaps she also had compassion. However, that also meant that she could be much more dangerous than some wild animal. If he did anything to insult her or tried to run away then she might chase him to the end of the world rather than forget about him. He saw it as a good sign that she hadn't swallowed him whole yet so he stood up. His legs trembled and sweat was heavy on his brow. His fate was in this dragon's claws. "Do you have a name, dragon?'Maybe he could try and become familiar with the dragon. He was willing to do whatever was necessary to survive.

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:27 am

Geal stared at the man, her tail flicking the side for a moment, then thumping to the ground behind her. She stretched her wings a bit, looking at him, seemng to be quite amused. You see, you humans are very ignorant. Not even daring to learn of the dragons, when in reality we are more of a threat to you than a bear in the forest. Ignorant, really... she thought aloud, rolling her large eyes, as she seemed to almost shrug her shoulders in a way.

Sitting there, she seemed to almost lie down on her side, though she still was much taller than him. Who is to say I should allow you to know of my name, human? But if you must know, I am Geal, one of the few Caelum's in existence, and that is a breed if you were unaware, and the leader of the clan, Lux. It was a simple thing really, but she figured the human wouldn't understand very much, they didn't understand many things, it seemed.

Looking him over for a moment, she chuckled again. Petty things...
    Lyyr

Post by Lyyr Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:57 pm

His fear had started to die down moderately. The dragon who called herself Geal didn't seem interested in eating him and so he felt he could relax to some extent. She seemed quite sure of herself and Lyyr could see why. He would be pretty sure of himself too if he was a fifty foot tall fire breathing creature of destruction. In addition he was the leader of a clan. Lyyr could only assume a clan of dragons was similar to a clan of humans. It fascinated him to think of a whole village of dragons living together. It was a somewhat frightening thought too, but now his curious side had taken over. "You're telling me that dragons live in communities with each other? Then the scholars were wrong when they said that all dragons were solitary! Whoa! Knowledge like this would make me famous! Haha! Now I'm curious!." Lyyr grew a tree underneath his feet, standing on a branch as it lifted him up higher so he could speak to the dragon face to face as he didn't really like being looked down upon so much. The shade from the tree did some to releive his eyes from the dragon's shiny white scales. He wondered why the scales seemed to reflect a somewhat rainbow light and how the dragon used it as a defense mechanism. Lyyr had always been curious about the world around him and now might be his chance to discover something no one else in the world knew about yet. "May I come see it with you? I've never spoken with a dragon before as most people in the world have never seen a dragon let alone conversed with one. I want to learn more about your people! I don't want to be so ignorant anymore! Could you please give me a chance to show you that we humans don't have to be so ignorant?" Lyyr hoped Geal would take him up on his offer. He knew how ignorant humans could be and he wanted to prove to Geal that that was not always the case. there were those out there that wanted to learn, that wanted to use their skill and knowledge for the betterment of everyone.

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Geal Nathair

"Humans... when they learn of us, it always seems to cause trouble. One always gets too close, and then they get hurt, usually die, in the process. It never ends well, so are you then ready to take up such a task? There are those dragons out there who enjoy humans keeping their ignorance and not knowing of us, and you could be placed as a target to them," she told him carefully, shrugging her shoulders. At the same time, it could be putting her somewhat at risk, too, for she was the one that would allow him to have some of that knowledge about the dragons.

Letting out a short sigh, which seemed to almost be a huff, she rolled her shoulders back for a moment, then she began, "Not all dragons live in clans. But you must think, there are many animals who live as we do. Wolves, lions, even birds. There are the groups that are within themselves, then there are the, I suppose we could call them loners who do not live in a clan. The clans, together, are stronger, and with that force can do more. Better protection, better hunt, and the chance to live somewhere without worry. At least, that is some of the choices."

"Each clan is different, as is each breed. There are a multiple breeds, mine being one of the ones that aren't around as much anymore, I suppose more rare. It could be a reason that I am the leader of my clan," she thought aloud, not really caring if he listened or not.

She then looked at the human, the man, for a moment. "There is a price to me telling you all of this," she murmured, "you must tell others of your knowledge. It is getting only more dangerous in Serpenterra for humans, with not knowing about dragons. Just stumbling onto territories only to be destroyed. I cannot bear to see such a thing happen anymore."
    Lyyr

Post by Lyyr Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:14 pm

The sailor looked up at the giant winged creature with amazement. He chuckled to himself astounded by what was going on. He was talking to a dragon! If someone had told Lyyr that he had spoken to a dragon a mere few hours ago, then he would have to call him a madman. No one saw a dragon and lived; at least not up close. However, here he was, sitting on a branch talking to Geal the Caelum and getting to know her. Lyyr nodded as she said that humans that get to know dragons tend to have a way of getting themselves killed. It made sense; he figured dealing with dragons, especially angry ones, would tend to get people killed. However, Lyyr was sure that none of those humans had one of the dragons on their side. Geal may have seemed a little cocky and had been slightly rude, but the man saw that she had a good heart and good intentions. Still, he would have to be careful. By doing this he might not only make enemies with dragons, but also with other humans. There were those that hated the beasts and wanted to see them all dead. More than a few in fact as they saw the winged creatures as giant destructive killing machines. He took deep breath as he tried to build his courage. This was a huge and frightening opportunity. He was scared and he really wasn't the bravest guy out there, but he felt that he needed to do this. People needed to learn about these creatures and he would be the one to bring this knowledge to them. He nodded at Geal when she asked for a promise. " Of course! I promise. Telling other people was my intention from the very beginning. People need to know these things. If there is anything I can do to prevent someone from being killed on the edge of dragon territory then I'll do it!" He shrunk the tree and decomposed it out of existence. He knew it wasn't good to leave non-native plants in the area as he didn't want to disturb the nature of the land here. He was ready to go. He didn't think he had to worry about the voyage as this task was much more important. "Shall we go?"

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Geal looked over the man very carefully for a moment, her wings shaking as she contemplated what she would do. She swished her tail back once, before she allowed it to sit on the ground behind her. Flexing her muscles, her eyes narrowing carefully, and she thought, I hope I am making the right decision. Finally she let out a puff after watching him, lettng herself make the final decision. She would have to take him to the celestial mountains, due to the fact that the trek up there would just be too difficult for a human of any nature.

Standing up, she rolled her shoulders back, and she lowered her wings and neck. "We shall. But be careful, because if you fall, I am not catching you," she whispered to his thoughts, eyes still watching him carefully. It would make for a most interesting journey, it seemed. It was only now that Geal realized that this was the first time that a human would ever be riding her, and probably the first time in a long time that any human would be riding a dragon. A marking of a new beginning, Geal thought to herself.

(OOC :: I'll do one more post, Geal flying, and then we'll exit this topic, and I'll make another at the Celestial Mountains for us! :3)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 am