Serpenterra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dragon rpg.

2 posters

The sand between my toes. {Eudora & Aizel/Aithne}(P)

. : S O F I E Y : .

The sand between my toes. {Eudora & Aizel/Aithne}(P) Empty The sand between my toes. {Eudora & Aizel/Aithne}(P)

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 am

Eudora Falen

Eudora walked along the beach, her toes crushing into the sand beneath them. It seeped between the crevices of her feet, the softness making her feel as if she were walking on a cloud. The soft whisper of the wind filtered through her hair, it's breeze lifting it, and it's tiny ringlets, too. A simple yet soft smile covered her full lips, and her eyes were closed. She was at peace... for once, that is. Usually she would be trying to train over at the fire nation, but each time she would "try" she would not prevail. Sometimes, it seemed like she was the only one that actually realized that her affinity for fire was basically nonexistent. No matter, she would still try, even if that meant failing over and over again. It had to at least be something she would do. But getting away... that was nice, too.

Finally opening her emerald green eyes, she glanced over the sea, walking to the edge of the beach where the tide rolled over her feet. The water was warm yet had some sort of chill to it. Simply, it made her smile. It was nice and rolling off of it continued that soft breeze, which continued to send chills up her spine. She smirked to herself, bending down and feeling the warmth of the water. She felt it like a rush through her veins. It was probably one of the few signs that she was actually of the fire nation. She didn't quite care, though. She was content with herself. That is, until someone else so outwardly displayed that they weren't content with her.

Moving away from the tide, she stood at the tree lining of Eagelehead forest. It was a scary place and a place she would note venture. Instead, her eyes would gaze inside, almost daring her. She heard stories of the monsters that lurked within, and she didn't dare to try to chance it. Instead, she decided she would practice what she would. She could only try, at least. Sighing, she bent down and dragged out a log onto the beach. One thing she did have was strength. If she couldn't have fire, she could have her strength. She trained everyday for that, and it was something that actually made her feel at least accomplished in some sort of way. Being accomplished... it was nice.

Standing at the base of the log, she bent down, pressing her palm to the bark. She closed her eyes, getting a jolt for her as she felt the warm breaths of the wood. She let out a sigh, focusing on that warmth that she could feel, trying to intensify it. The only difference was the temperature in the air, growing warmer. No fire came, though. Stnding up, she kicked the log with the heel of her foot, and screeched, "Dammit!"
    DELANEY
    DELANEY

The sand between my toes. {Eudora & Aizel/Aithne}(P) Empty Re: The sand between my toes. {Eudora & Aizel/Aithne}(P)

Post by DELANEY Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Walking up the beach from the shore was Aithne, she held a fishing pole in one lightly tanned hand, and a woven basket made out of vines under her other arm. Her dark hair was tied back at the nape of her neck with a red ribbon, the waves of her hair falling down to mid back. The ocean breeze played with some strands of hair that got loose, teasing them and pushing them into her face. Her light sapphire blue gaze roamed up and down the empty beach for a specific figure, one she spotted yards away from her.

Slight annoyance entered her eyes as she walked across the beach to the female figure, her bare feet kicking up sand that hit the back of her bare calves. Her pace quickened as her eyes roamed cautiously over the beach again, making sure there was no one, but them here at the moment. Her pace slowed a bit as she relaxed. "Eudora!" She called, voice disapproving and scolding at the same time. "You shouldn't disappear like that when my back is turned." She went on as she reached her. She dropped her pole to the ground before putting the basket down.

Her eyes land on the log and she frowns as she looks at her friend. "You'll get it soon enough. You're probably just a late bloomer." She told her, as she crouched down and looked at the log. Barely focusing on it, she built up the heat in it in less than a second and the log caught on fire. Nodding she opened the basket revealing fish fillets and fruit that she had brought from Dryfoot. She took out the fillets, then passed the basket to Eudora. "Fruit to tie you over." She said as she began cooking the fish she had caught earlier in the day.

She took a seat on the sand and patted the sand beside her. "Sit. We haven't spoken in a while." She said, looking up at her. "How have you been?" She asked as she pulled the ribbon from her hair. She looked down at her wrist as she tied the ribbon to her wrist loosely, before looking back at Eudora.

The sand between my toes. {Eudora & Aizel/Aithne}(P) Empty Re: The sand between my toes. {Eudora & Aizel/Aithne}(P)

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Eudora Falen

Eudora stood there beside the log, before she finally sat down on the ground, crossing her arms over her chest. She narrowed her eyes at the sand, pursing her lips a bit in frustration. Why must I be like this? she thought quietly to herself with a sigh. Reaching up, she ran a hand through her hair, which was for once down and trailing along her back. She looked down at the grains of sand, running a finger through it, creating a little line. It was only when she heard her name called did she look up. She had ran off from Aithne, but that wasn't the first time she had ever done something like that before.

Sighing quietly, she looked up toward her, preparing herself to be scolded. She stood up, brushing the sand off of her pants as she did. She cross her hands behind her back, waiting for the words to come. When Aithne scolded her, immediately she looked away, eyes narrowed. I can handle myself... she thought grudgingly, her lips pursing a bit. At least she believed she could handle herself. Just because she couldn't control fire didn't mean she was completely helpless. She could still use her strength, and she could still fight.

Looking over, she watched as Aithne let the log she had drug out go into flames. "I'm not a late bloomer, Aithne. Anyone who has gone this far in age without developing never developes," she murmured quiety. It was a fact. Not just some idea that was keeping Eudora sad, but a pure fact. Everyone usually got their fire manipulation at at least thirteen. The latest anyone had ever developed was at fifteen, and Eudora was two years past that already. She wasn't going to be getting any fire manipulation.

Maybe her power wasn't actually fire manipulation, though. Maybe everyone had thought wrongly of her. Something connected to fire, yes, but not quite fire. She had the ties to be able to control the warmth, but not make the warmth jump to a flame. That was at least something, right? It had to be. At least, Eudora hoped as much. She sighed quietly, biting her lip as she did. She immediately sat down at Aithne commanded, and took the basket gratefully. She took out an apple, biting into it immediately. The sweet taste going over her tastebuds, but she didn't allow herself to smile.

"I'm the same... just waiting, exploring, getting in to trouble... getting unneeded to slack for doing things just because I'm deemed unable to protect myself. So the usual," she responded quietly, keeping her gaze down as she ate the apple. "How about you?"
    DELANEY
    DELANEY

Post by DELANEY Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:55 am

Aithne flipped over the cooking fillets, making sure to keep the heat away from her fingers so she doesn't burn them. As soon as they are flipped she allows the heat to spread through the fillets before looking up at Eudora. She shook her head. "You never know Eudora. Just because it has never happened in the past, doesn't mean it can't happen. Besides maybe you'll specialize in something else. It's happened before at least. Sometimes people specialize in other things."

She allowed this to sink in, as she looked over the fish fillets, flipping them again. "I've been about the same. Roaming around, still living on the cliffs, hunting, so on. Nothing new." She informed her with a shrug of her shoulders. She picked up an apple of her and bit into it, enjoying the taste as it spread across her tongue. She'd never tire of the taste of fruit. Eying the fillets thoughtfully she flipped them again.

"Where have you explored recently?" She asked curiously. She was the type to roam around and see the sights, but she didn't get around as much Eudora did. A thing she was a little jealous of, but she did enjoy hearing the stories whenever they could meet up. She took the fish off the log and placed them on the lid of the basket and then looked up at her. "Lunch is served." She said with a smile.

Post by . : S O F I E Y : . Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:59 am

Eudora Falen

Eudora was quiet as she watched Aithne cook the fish, bringing her legs up to her chest and resting her chin on her knees. She chewed the inside of her lip as thoughts ran through her mind, her shoulders still slumped and bored. She kept her thoughts quiet for the most part, not really thinking too hard on anything at the moment. She just wished she could go off and do her own thing. Be energized... get some sort of rush that she usually would never get. Yes, that was what she was wishing for right now. That would be amazing, but of course she couldn't do something like that right now considering the fact that she was here with Aithne.

Aithne was her close friend, of course, but sometimes Eudora wished that she could be on her own sometimes. At times, it felt as if people didn't trust her to be able to take care of herself because her powers were lower than others. That she didn't have that supernatural advantage to save herself in case she came into some trouble. She didn't think that way, though. She believed she could protect herself perfectly without the help of anyone. It was only just recently that she had been allowed out in the Wilderness by herself, but of course that was to the knowledge of the elders. She would sneak out often, which she planned to do again soon enough.

"I've been thinking of even trying to go to the Forbidden Isle, or maybe the dropping cliffs... but the farthest I've been at the moment has been over to Swordpoint," she told her friend with a slight nod. When Aithne finished the food, Eudora did smile. She did know that her friend was excellent at cooking things, something that Eudora was not. Taking a bite, her mouth too full to speak, she immediately gave a thumbs up, giggling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 am